Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A day of firsts continues ...

Got out of the office at 9 pm, said bye to a few friends who asked me why I was not getting off the bus at Churchgate, and explained my predicament (?) to them.. Got to CST at 9 pm for the first time in my life, looked at all the Central and Harbour line trains .. Decided on a Thane slow. (Don't ask me why, It was a decision that was made at the spur of the moment !!)

It turned out to be a nice decision after all Kurla station must be one of the most unique stations, with regards to platform 1 and 1A, where the train pulls in with the platform available on both sides, makes alighting much much easier :). The only other stations where i have seen this are the CST and Churchgate stations, but as these are the main starting stations, and looking at the crowd at any time, it seems a prudent choice ..

Got home, had a severe head ache due to the fact that i am not real used to travelling in buses, and a lady in front of me had this real strong perfume ... well i need to get used to these things ..

Another thing that fascinated me was this lady, who had a tub full of chicken legs, only the legs mind u .. and she was tossing a couple out every time she saw a stray dog. She had great aim I must say ... She used to toss them out as we were passing the vegetable market and they would land a feet away from a pile of potatoes or beans ... It was a good thing that I have changed from my mom's outlook on all things non-veg, to one where I can see these things and go .."Ah, something to blog about"

Another thing that happened to me for the first time was the experience of spoilt milk. If u have never smelled it, trust me, u don't want to. Opened my kitchen door and immediately started looking for a dead rat .. took me two minutes to realise.. terrible ...

On a more positive note, cooked for the first time in my new house. Maggi and Kisan Hot and Sour Tomato Chilli sauce make a nice combo i realised. Had no vegetables so had to add sauce for taste. like the ad goes "it's different !" ...

End of an eventful (??) day. Dropped dead. Listened to Metallica after a real long time. No Leaf Clover, moves me like no other song ever can.

And it feels right this time
On his crash course with the big time
Pays no mind to the distant thunder
New day fills his head with wonder, boy

Says it feels right this time
Turned it 'round and found the right line
"Good day to be alive, Sir
Good day to be alive" he said.

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
Was just a freight train coming your way
Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
Was just a freight train coming your way


Don't it feel right like this?
All the pieces fall to his wish
Sucker for that quick reward boy
Sucker for that quick reward they said

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
Was just a freight train coming your way

Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
Was just a freight train coming your way...
It's coming your way
It's coming your way, oh yeah
Here it comes

Yeah then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
Was just a freight train coming your way, yeah
Then it comes to be, yeah (x8)

No comments: