Wednesday, April 12, 2006

mumbai, love to hate her.

Well I have now been officially homeless for the past 2 weeks, even though I can claim to have had a house for the same peroid of time. When i tell people that I now have a 2 hhk flat in Mumbai, they are shocked for two main reasons, one what is a 2 hhk flat and the other where did i get the cash to afford that from !

Crashing with Girish has been plesant, to say the least, I have avoided the (dreaded, even after 2 years) trip from Mumbai Central to the office, slept late (9:42 yesterday, for a meeting at 9:45) and stayed back at work longer .. work ?? me ?? thought i would put down my 2 bits.


Well the house in Chembur is nice, large, and nice. It took a maid servant 3 hours to clean it yesterday, and I plan to get some things there to furnish it. now for the reason that the flat is a 2hhk ... the house does not have a hall or a bedroom, it just has 2 large rooms that lead for some reason known only to the architect and the department of atomic energy, straight into a loo and a bath room respectively. and the thought of entering the dark passage .. well have postponed that to next week, planning to crash with giri till the end of the week.

BTW, I may use the word dreaded for mumbai locals but they are really not that bad ! I would hate to think of mumbai without them. And thanks to my incessant ranting about the locals people have started imagining that I am scared / i would be lost in mumbai, so I am pestered with opinions that range from "Ravi how will you travel from there?" to "Ravi, I think you must leave early from the house, say at 7 AM to avoid the crowd.". My 2 bits, I have been doing this for the past 2 years people, I am aware that I am not the best at doing it, but I am thouroughly capable of getting on and off them locals.

real sad news, 2 days, 2 tragedies, one in india and the other in pakistan. human life has become so cheap to some people. On our side of the border it is the callous individuals in the government / police / organisers of the "fair" and on the other side of the border it is still unknown, but a bomb during a religious gathering, really scary.

well thats my 2 bits for today.

1 comment:

RAVi said...

That is very true. What mumbai does best is to soak in all the people, but in return she does soak their backs in perspiration :).