Monday, March 12, 2007

a new begining

My mom wants me to get rid of all the CAT preparation material that has been a part of the landscaping in my room for the past 2 years. It is a tough decision, have spent many a waking hour with some of those books. Mom sees all the dust that has settled on them after I last touched them in November, but I see the dog eared books as a symbolism of the (oft wasted) efforts put in trying to remember arcane formulae that would shave off 20 seconds of problem solving time.

Have converted 2 of the 3 calls that I had this year, SIBM and SCMHRD want me to pay them a hefty sum to add the MBA tag to my name, and I decided not to take up the call from S P Jain.

The rules at SCMHRD are scary to say the least, as my dad put it in a message to me, “The do nots at SCMHRD read like the police raj, with a lot of sticks!”

“You are free to decline the admission” seems to be common statement in the list of rules, “If you don’t want to study for 16 hours a day”, “If you don’t want to forget the world for the next 2 years” and the “If you want to sit in parapets or the lawns in exclusive male-female pairs” and “sitting in dark corners involving in objectionable behaviour” got a smile to my face. Rules like no coffee makers in the hostel room, and not walking around in bath room chappals are ok, but a midnight light-out rule with at “Time from 12 midnight to 5 in the morning is for sleep and sleep only, no use of computers or study during this time is permitted” are difficult to fathom.

Well all the better, and the compulsory Yoga and Exercise coupled with the legendary quality of food should help me loose the extra pounds … and as Cognizant is right next door, can have a steady supply of home cooked food, if I can convince raju to carry it for me.

No comments: