Monday, April 13, 2009

The Past Year and Half ...

Lack of Internet connection ...
Lack of time ...
Lack of interest ...
Lack of motivation ...

Some of the reasons for abandoning the blog for the better part of two years, though the last two points are the prime reasons. I hope to get back to blogging a fair bit from now on ...

It has been more than a year since this page, i.e. the post creator has been visited by me. In the meanwhile, I have completed my MBA, have secured a dream job at an MNC, worked for the college on many things, some of which were awesome, the others dreary, but on the whole the past year and half has been great! And in the mean while I have also spent two glorious months, enjoying every minute of my summer internship with the same MNC that I have now joined for my final placement.

The time has also seen me make a few great friends, of whom I will post some details at a later date.

The offer was mine in December, and since there was not much happening in college in the intervening period, I spent a lot of time with Rashmi and at home. The internet connection at home was abused ... so was the connection at Rashmi's place. The outcome of this abuse, should keep me entertained for the coming months.

Induction ... has been more of one gourmet meal after another at the company guest house. How the four of us can eat such a whole lot is going to have some of the officials perplexed. The staff at the guest house have to work overtime to keep the four of us fed, to the extent that the day before, the room service guys had to offer us only a "1/2 rice" as we had collectively exhausted all the rice that was prepared that day!

A trip to Connaught Place, Janpath, India Gate, New Friends Colony etc. had me seeing more of Delhi in one evening, than I have during my summers, where I spent more than 2 months here. Travelling in Delhi is fairly easy, provided you know the bus number, route and destination, which the three of us (Vinit, Georgey and I) were completely clueless about, but had Manoj to thank for.

A visit to the Ambiance Mall to meet a couple of the friends that I spoke about earlier, had us in splits, as we recalled some of the fun moments from college. The time-pass in the bumping cars was FUN! We need to do such things more often....

The next three months have been decided for me by the company, and I shall start off by spending one month at Paradeep, Gurgaon and Pune respectively. I shall be trained in Plant Operations, Sales and Marketing, Trading and Supply Chain in this period. Since I have been paired with Vinit a classmate of mine, the time should be enjoyable as well as interesting.

Oh, in the meanwhile have purchased a couple of toys that should get reviewed here in the next few days. A stable internet connection is something that I need to look for !

Reading: Brisingr - Christopher Paolini
Listening To: Vivaldi - Four Seasons

Have a thirty hour train journey for the next couple of days. Should be more than enough time to finish the book and the new Sam Bourne.


No comments: