Friday, April 14, 2006

A day wasted ? I think not.

Well today was the traditional south indian / tamil new year. Spent with my family after a real long time. Spent the day loafing around, playing with my kittens, my mom and dad.

The progress of "Vishu Kani" in my life has been quite astounding. This was the one time in the year when I would get cash to do what i wanted. My parents have always been against the idea of pocket money, their explanation to this was that all that is in the wallet at home is mine, so i need not have any of my own. :) . makes sense now, never used to when i was younger, when everyone else had pocket money and i needed to ask mom for the cash. they never said no so i think it was better than the pocket money that some of my friends received.

The monetary incentive of the day has also been following the inflation curve of the nation, what started of as Rs. 11 when i was in the 4th standard and then to Rs 101 when i was in the 8th to the cost of 2 scale models when i was in the 9th ... damn now that i am earning it is back to the token Rs. 11, and no amount of talks on inflation, and the amount not being enough for a bar of dairy milk, means nothing to my mom ... need to think of a better way or bring out my puppy face ... garner more sympathy possibly ?

Well my kittens are FUN, not too much time to spend with them now a days that i am in mumbai for the week, and real busy during the weekend, but the extra 2 days of holidays (courtesy Dr. Agarkar) helped me catch up on lost time with meow, flash, minal (lightning in tamil), spotty and the others.

Meow is the most fun to be with and loves to be petted. Watching him laze around all day is like a rerun of some old garfield comics.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ravizz/cat2.jpg[/img]




Meow got hyperactive today, climbed up a tree !! for the first time in the 6 years that i have known him :) good for him, except that he was not sure of how to come down. pics of his escapade are available at ...
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/ravizz/catz.jpg[/img]


Played badminton with mom and dad. God i suck at it. mom nearly kicked my butt ... need to start playing badi with giri more. I will then atleast put up a fight ...

There goes one more day. "utilized" in my words "wasted" in my moms. well here goes. 2 more days and i am back in mumbai, and for the first time, will come to the office from my house in chembur.

:RAVi

No comments: