Monday, April 24, 2006

Floyd + Sunset = Nirvana.

Have not been to the TIFR sea face to watch the sunset in some time .. work, work and more work .. meetings, meetings and more meetings .. I suppose that most of the two years I have spent at TIFR, have been in meaningless meetings, conferences, and other aspects of analysing work without actually doing anything of much concequence ...

The day sucked. sucked big time. nothing worked all day long. decided that a bit of fresh air and some slipknot was called for. went to the sea face, and swithced on the disc man , and the first album was the wall - pinkfloyd, went ahead with it, and what a revelation, by the time I was past the thin ice, i was in dreamland, off to a nice nap, woke up with a start, at the end of mother, though I was surrounded by bricks, i had missed both the bricks in the wall .. closed my eyes, and let the calm surround me.

nirvana.



sticking to the thread of music, for a head-banger, trance/electonica/house is a no-no right ? We will not give up "music" for any other type.

well my experi"mental" nature is well known among my friends and ravindra is at it again, tempting me to switch . He has provided me with 2 supposedly must listen albums, Tiesto - In Search Of Sunrise 5, Los Angeles and Paul van Dyk - The Politics Of Dancing 2

Both these albums do make a interesting listen to, though i personally preferred Tiesto, as PVD was sort of repetitive, but can the Worlds No. 1 DJ, great that he is, replace Barrett, Gilmour, Waters, Mason and Wright ?

edit : just noticed in todays paper, PVD was here yesterday, he played at the Smirnoff Experience.

No comments: