Wednesday, April 26, 2006

villareal - arsenal (0-0)

Wenger sums up the match as

"Yes I was worried. We have shown a lot of character and a lot of resilience tonight but we haven't found our game. When we went forward we lost the ball too quickly. It was down to physical reasons, we were suffering. We didn't create a lot, but we wanted so much to go into this final and in the end we had a bit of luck, and a lot of character to go through. "

"I felt frankly that it was a generous decision. Then I thought to myself, if it is our year, Jens will save it. Maybe the strength of character of Jens was important because I knew he would not be beaten easily. There was a lot of pressure on Requellmie and he had fatigue, but Jens had determination and class, and he showed again what a great goalkeeper he has been this season."

Nothing more to say. We are in the finals. Bring on Barca.

Arsenal - Champions of Europe 2006.

No comments: