Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A New Hobby.

I used to hate Wednesdays till today, the day of the AIMCAT results. It is not to be this time around. Skipped the test this weekend, and watched “The Breakup” instead. No results from that. *thank the lord*

Feng Shui. Does it work?

Need some positive energy. If Qi available anywhere else, please add a comment with an address.

The gprs connection on my phone does not think so. 2 hours or “fundamental research” yesterday night on Google indicates you have to work on finding Qi, and that Feng Shui is a basic extension of what we would call common sense, but put in a sort of clean neat manner. It provides suitable hints for doing things, to make a room or a house better to live in, and most of the rules, do not involve toads, dragons and other exotic fauna, crystals waterfalls and other ornaments, and extensive rework.

My house in Kurla is a Chien house, faces a rough south east. These are some suggestions from some of the pages that I have read.

Place the bed at the corner, this way and you are bound to have better luck is what FS for dummies says.


Place the study table such that it faces the door. Avoid a table with sharp corners. If not possible, make sure that you make a rounded edge with plastic rounder offs. Thats my word for it dont know what those things are called.

In most cases this makes sense. You want to know who is entering the room, and when you sleep, seeing the door is a reassurance that you are safe, and no one has entered the room. Corners would hurt if you bumped into them. Sleeping straight in line with the door, is bound to sub consciously disturb you if there is some movement outside. Leaving a gap between the bed and the walls, allows you to get off from either side, and also helps you avoid the cold walls.

Clear out the clutter. Simpler said than done is it not? My servant cleans up the room twice a week and I don’t bother about it on other days, as long as my bed is clean and the table relatively clutter free. Well I should get some boxes to put all my stuff that is on the floor.. *mental note*

Let us see if any of this helps. If it does, may be I become a believer, but as of now, I am willing to do anything for a change, a new hobby … Feng Shui, read more, and try to understand more. Implement as less as possible.

No comments: