Friday, May 11, 2007

A new begining.

The last three years seem to have flown past. Still remember the day I walked into the corridors of TIFR, as a fresh engineer, starry eyed with a prayer in my heart (hoping that I don’t screw up) as I went about designing a satellite. It was a once in a life time opportunity to meet and work with some of the best brains in the country, and a dream come true.

As I look back at the past 3 years, I realise that more than the work that I did here, it is the friendships nurtured, the random chats at the breakfast table, the late nights watching football matches and the other things that just happen here make TIFR the best place to be!

The next couple of years will be thrilling, challenging and educative but will what I learn ever compare to the things I have learnt here? Simple things for Mumbaites but harrowing nightmares to outsiders, things like getting out of locals at Dadar made simple by Sam and Nirav, boarding a moving train exercises that Tilak and Sheetal tried to get me to master, make me look back at the friendships and brings a smile to my face.

Will surely miss all this!

au re-voir ! you guys are the best !

will upload pics of the last couple of days of my vacation and the farewell party later.

No comments: